Monday 8 October 2012

Crafty craft

It was another textiles weekend for me, helping Helen Foot with the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair, in Spinningfield's Manchester.  It was lovely to see her again, and the new products she has launched since my Internship. Brilliantly bright patchwork cushions filled the stand, which got a lot of attention. The fair was also a great chance to show the new Festival scarf, Newcastle.  A deep colour scheme, perfect for winter (it may be sneaking onto my christmas list very soon) 
www.helenfoot.co.uk

Here are a few photos I took on the final day.

Newcastle Festival Scarf 

The stand-look at all the colour!!


Lavender bags and Needle Books- hello stocking fillers!

Within the Great Northern, there were a few stands featuring work from final year and graduate students, some from MMU.  The pieces looked equally as impressive as the surrounding designers' and seeing these has inspired me to look into the possibility of exhibiting my work, perhaps in local galleries. I'll keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment